evangelinenoir

Evangeline-Noir

Hello,

I rate and review books. I love horror, fantasy, suspense and Japanese literature. I might ramble about book hauls as well.

Sadly, most of the money I have spent last month went to books for college, and the college tuition. So I'm the typical broke student now I guess. But luckily my favourite thift store is only 10 minutes away from my house, so I decided to buy some cheap second hand books.

I bought ''American Psycho'' by Bret Easton Ellis. I saw the movie a couple of years ago and I didn't like it that much. But I heard the book was pretty good so I thought I'd give it a try when I saw it at the thrift store. It is said that the violence and sex written in the book are quite graphic so I hope I will be able to deal with that. I love the cover of this book though.

Next, I bought ''Birdman'' (Vogelman in Dutch) by Mo Hayder. I wanted to try one of her books for a while now. And this hardcover version was only 1,50!

I also bought ''Idoru'' by William Gibson. I thought the story involving a Japanese idol was cool. And I've been curious for this writer because I want to read Mona Lisa Overdrive sometime.

Then I bought ''Chocolat'' by Joanne Harris. I liked the movie, so that's simply why I bought the book. The cover kind of creeps me out because it looks like a tacky romance novel in my opinion. >D

And last but not least: I bought a Japanese version of Hannibal by Thomas Harris. I can't read Japanese so don't ask me what I'm supposed to do with it. But I like Japan and Hannibal so there you go.